5th ELA Video Lessons

ELA with Ms.Watt

April 14, 2020

Click Here for Ms. Watt’s First ELA Video Lesson

April 21, 2020 

Click Here for Ms. Watt’s ELA Lesson

April 28, 2020

Click Here for Ms. Watt’s Next ELA Lesson

May 5, 2020

May 5, 2020

Hello students and parents,

Let’s learn!

Every Tuesday by 10:00 a.m., I will provide you with an ELA lesson. Today is the fourth lesson.

The standard for today’s lesson is:
5.RL.KID.1 Quote accurately from a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.

As you go through the PowerPoint, make sure to click on the audio icon at the bottom right to listen to each slide. Also, make sure you go all the way to the end. There is a special message for you!

There are a few questions on Slide 19 I would like for you to answer. I am also going to post the practice sheet(mentioned in the PowerPoint) you can work on as well. I will post the answers before the week is over.

Have fun and stay safe!

Sincerely,
Ms. Watt

Click Here for Ms. Watt’s ELA Lesson

May 12, 2020

May 12, 2020

Hello students and parents,

Let’s learn!

Every Tuesday by 10:00 a.m., I will provide you with an ELA lesson. Today is the fifth lesson.

The standard for today’s lesson is:
5.RL.KID.2 – Determine a theme or central idea of a story, drama, or poem and explain how it is conveyed through details in the text; summarize the text.

There are a few questions on Slide 14 I would like for you to answer. I am also going to post the practice sheet(mentioned in the PowerPoint) you can work on as well. I will post the answers before the week is over.

Have fun and stay safe!

Sincerely,
Ms. Watt

Click Here for Ms. Watt’s Next Lesson!

May 12, 2020

Hello students and parents,

In addition to the lesson I posted earlier, I am attaching a Summarypractice sheet that you can work on. I will post the answers before the week is over.

Have fun and stay safe!

Sincerely,
Ms. Watt

May 19, 2020

May 19, 2020

Hello students and parents,

Let’s learn!

It has been fun creating and providing ELA lessons for you! I hope you have enjoyed them. Today is the sixth and final lesson.

The standard for today’s lesson is:
5.RI.KID.2 Determine the central idea of a text and explain how it is supported by key details; summarize the text.

There are a few questions on Slide 18 I would like for you to answer. I am also going to post the practice sheet(mentioned in the PowerPoint) you can work on as well. I will post the answers before the week is over.

Have fun and stay safe!

Sincerely,
Ms. Watt

Click Here for Ms. Watt’s Next ELA Lesson!